the instructions below are part of my ‘sewing with baby lock’ series, but can be performed using this universal button presser foot by distinctive, on all low shank snap-on singer*, brother, baby lock, euro-pro, janome, kenmore, white, juki, new home, simplicity, elna and more.
- lower the feed dog [you will find this lever on the back of your machine].
- turn speed control to slow [far left position].
- choose utility stitch #61
- attach presser foot “M”
- if needed, adjust the stitch width so that it’s the same distance between the holes.
- carefully insert the button, between the metal feet and the white plastic portion of the presser foot.
- slide clear plastic lever forward, it should be positioned between the button holes. [as shown above]
- carefully turn the hand wheel TOWARDS you [counterclockwise] to check that the needle correctly goes into the button hole without touching any portion of the button.
- start sewing.
- the machine will STOP automatically when finished reinforcing the stitches. if additional strength is needed, perform the button-sewing operation twice.
- DO NOT press the thread cutter button.
- use scissors to cut the top thread.
- lift presser foot, slide button and fabric out gently, and cut bobbin thread.
- pull the top thread through to the wrong side of fabric and tie it off with the bobbin thread.