you will find a flat felled seam on most denim jeans and garments where extra strength is needed. a flat felled seam isn’t limited to denim jeans and dress shirts though, it looks great on children’s clothing and craft projects too.
flat felled seam tutorial.
1. with WRONG sides together, sew a 5/8″ seam.
2. press seam open.
3. trim one side of the seam allowance to 1/4″. do not trim the other side.
4. press untrimmed seam allowance over the trimmed seam.
5. carefully fold the untrimmed seam under, tucking the raw edge into the fold. press, making sure that the fold is fully tucked under evenly.
6. using your felling presser foot carefully line up your fabric and needle, stitching close to the fold.